"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, November 2, 2015

GEOLOGY

November 2, 2015

Paraiso Ward
Paraiso Stake
Companion:  Elder Tijerino

Hey guys!

So I met a geologist this week!  The first person here in Colombia that I've met that is in that profession!  He actually is in the ward that I'm serving in!  We went and visited him last night and I got to see a ton of cool rocks. He also had some dinosaur fossils and things that were pretty cool.  I've always loved geology.  What a coincidence right??

Well I'm doing great!  We had another busy week but seriously all of our lessons fell through! Even the most secure and sure people bailed on us!  But that's okay.  We were able to find a couple of new people and explore our area some more.  It's actually way big! Things are going good!

Sorry in advance because I forgot my camera memory!  But I didn't really have any pics for this week anyway!

This week I learned something pretty interesting.  We have an investigator named F---.  He is a man of little faith but has the desire to improve it.  We've been teaching him a lot.  He has a lot of doctorinal questions and we couldn't really help him come to a sure standing on all of it.  We decided to talk to him and just teach about faith.  He is a guy that really likes movies and so we used the example of Indiana Jones in the Last Crusade when Indiana has to walk across the invisible bridge.  For those of you who don't remember the scene, Indiana has to take a complete step of faith onto what appears to be an invisible bridge. Without being too sure about it, he steps and comes to the knowledge that the bridge actually exists.  Every step after that he becomes more and more confident.  That's like us. We have to act first and then comes the blessings.  I'll admit, sometimes it's hard to act, but God promises that if we do act, we will be blessed.

Well I love and miss you all!  Have a great week!

Elder Crandall