"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, November 30, 2015

BOCA DE CENIZA

November 30, 2015

Paraiso Ward
Paraiso Stake
Companions:  Elder Tijerino & Elder Godfrey

Family and Friends,

I had a great week!  We had some great lessons and we are starting to get used to teaching in a trio and it's been pretty fun! We found some pretty great people this week and had some great lessons.  We had an awesome lesson with J--- D--- at the 2nd counselor in the bishopric´s house.  It was really spiritual.  It really helps that J--- D--- is getting to know some members and form relationships there.  That really makes a huge difference in the mision work!  The only bad part was that he cancelled on us yesterday and didn't come to the stake conference.  We´re not sure why yet, but we will pass by later to see.

Boca de Ceniza
Boca de Ceniza
So today we went to a place called Boca de Ceniza.  It's a big bank like maybe 10 yards dividing the ocean and the river.  It was pretty neat!  I will include a lot of pictures.  The only bad part was that I got a little sunburned. It was fun though!  We went with the district.  The bank I like is 4 miles long or so.  We had to take a rickety train cart out to the end.  It was pretty sketchy, haha!  We had to get off a couple times because the cart fell off the track.  At the end there were some people fishing and I got some pictures of their fish.  There are some people that live on this long skinny stretch.  I'm not sure how, but they seem to do fine there.  It makes me so very grateful for the many blessings I've been blessed with.

The river
The beach
The bank


The track 
A house on the bank
Our trio companionship:  with Elder Tijerino & Elder Godfrey 
The trio


The fish the fishermen caught
With my friend Elder Marecos




We had our stake conference this week which was pretty neat!  I saw a family I met on my first day here in Barranquilla.  We lived in their house and then they moved away.  They moved away to this part of Barranquilla and were there in the conference!  It was awesome because they still remembered me and my name!  That made me feel happy.

The drawing Davis sent me for my birthday
I bought an accordian!
With my friend Elder Atwood
With my friend Elder Santos
Well I'm really loving being in the service of God.  There's nothing better!  I want to take advantage of every last minute I have!  Have a great week!

Elder Crandall