"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, November 23, 2015

BARRANQUILLA GETS COLD?

November 23, 2015

Paraiso Ward
Paraiso Stake
Companions:  Elder Tijerino & Elder Godfrey

Hey guys!

Im doing great! It was a busy week. So Barranquilla is NOT cold, but on Tuesday it rained sooo hard.  My bed is close to the window and I woke up in the middle of the night because rain was hitting my face!  It was crazy.  The house flooded and we live on the 4th floor!  How does that even happen?!  It was awesome because it really cooled things off for like 2 days.  When I say cooled things off I mean it was like around 78 degrees or so.  Humid still, but a lot fresher! We definitley enjoyed that.

So something so great happened on Sunday.  J--- D--- came to church!  We have been having awesome lessons with him this last week at members' homes and he is getting right into the grove of things, learning and growing a lot.  I'm really excited because we have been working with him for a little while.  I think what helped him really come to church was that we helped him meet members and make friends with them.  That way he wasn't so nervous to come into a completely new environment not knowing anyone.  I was definitely so happy about that!  The only bad part was that on Sunday the power went out so we were sitting in a sauna.  I know I said on Tuesday that it was fresher but on Sunday everything cleared up and it looked like a Mesa summer sky, with no clouds and super hot.  We sweated a lot but that is normal for me now.  I've been sweating about the last 700 days in my life so I think I can live through a few more!

I'm also happy to be in a trio with Elder Godfrey.  He is a crazy missionary, haha, but he makes things so fun!  We are always laughing and joyful.  I don't think there's been a dull moment!

Well, sorry I don't have any pics!  I left my camera today.  I'm excited to work hard and finish my mission with a bang!  Have a great week everyone!

Elder Crandall