"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, October 5, 2015

LIGHTNING BREAKS CHAIR and BRUNCH FOR LUNCH

October 5, 2015

El Parque Branch
Santa Marta District
Companion:  Elder Wooden

Hey guys!

What a week!  We had a packed week with a lot of things to do!  It was a pretty great!

Our last Zone Meeting
Our last Zone Meeting
Our last Zone Meeting
We also got a HUGE rain on Thursday night.  The power went out so the temperature dropped and made things cool, for once!  Since the power went out we couldn't really do anything because it was so dark so we just made popcorn and sat by the door watching the rain.  Some frogs even came by to say hi.  
 A lot of frogs come out when it rains!  

Friendly Frog (hard to see but trust me it was big!)
I had almost dozed off when all of a sudden a bolt of lightning struck really close to us.  It startled me so bad that I fell back in my chair and broke it!  Now I don't have a chair, haha, but what a funny story!

Also this week we had an awesome brunch lunch!  So every Friday we go eat lunch with the Branch President, President Aguilar, and his wife, Jackie, and their family.  I've bonded a lot with them, they are great people!  This week they gave me the choice of food to eat.  I told them that we wanted breakfast for lunch so she made us pancakes with Nutella and peanut butter! I had previously mentioned to Jackie that I love macaroni and cheese so she made that too!  It was so wonderful!  Some of my favorite comfort foods!  What a lunch!  

Pancakes with Nutella, peanut butter and bananas - Yes, please!
Lunch with the Aguilar family and my favorite foods!  
Notice the big bowl of macaroni and cheese!

Happy Elders ready to dig in!

Delicious!
V--- and his family are progressing a lot.  They sadly couldn't come to General Conference this week because of complications. But Y---, V---´s wife, told us that she has read the Book of Mormon and prayed and feels like its true.  Her family is now following her example.  It's great to see how the gospel changes lives!

It was also a great week with General Conference!  I'm looking forward to getting the magazine and reading all of the talks! We sadly couldn't get any of our investigators to come, but what a great feeling to hear living prophets and apostles address us. It's just like in old time when God commanded Moses or Noah to tell the people His will. What a great feeling that was!  It was also neat to be able sustain 3 new apostles!  It strengthened my testimony that Jesus Christ really is at the head of our church today.

Watching General Conference

All the missionaries in Santa Marta

During the Conference sessions Saturday we went to Pizza Vomito as a zone. That was really fun!

Pizza Vomito
Eating Pizza Vomito
Our Zone eating at Pizza Vomito between conference sessions
Our zone played soccer
This morning we played soccer together.  I'm just enjoying being in the service of the Lord!  I really want to take advantage of my time here and do everything I can even if I only have a few months left!
Advertisement for an artist with the first name Elder!
Tomorrow we have transfers.  Hopefully I'll stay, but I'll go wherever the Lord commands! Have a great week everyone! 

Elder Crandall