"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, October 12, 2015

CONCRETE JUNGLE

October 12, 2015

Paraiso Ward
Paraiso Stake
Companion:  Elder Tijerino


Hey guys!

So this last week we had transfers and I got transfered back to Barranquilla!  I am in the Paraiso Stake in the Paraiso Ward!  I oficcially have been in the 3 stakes that exist in Barranquilla.  I live in the more "poopy" (rich in Colombian vocabulary) part of town. I live and proselite in really nice apartment buildings and everything.  To explain my point, today we were leaving our apartment building to go and do some informs when it started to rain super hard.  We had umbrellas and everything but we were still getting soaked.  A car then pulls up behind us and yells ´elders´!  It was a member that invited us in their car and drove us to the mall where we had to go.  I'm loving this area!  In my ward lives a recently released Area Seventy and even President and Sister Searle live in our boundaries.  Also the daughter of Sister Eva from my first area that always gave us free pizza lives here in our ward.  This will be an interesting tranfer!

My new companion is Elder Tijerino from Costa Rica! He is the only Costa Rican in the whole mission!  He has been on his mission the same time as I have and is 20 years old. He looks more like an American than I do which is pretty funny!  We get along great.  In our house we also live with 2 other missionaries from the office.  It's always fun living with 4 missionaries in one house!  The two sets of us missionaries have different areas. In my ward there are 8 missionaries currently.  There are so many because 6 of them work in the mission office, so they don't have as much time to go out and proseylite.

The view from my window

The view from my other window

With my new companion, Elder Tijerino.
We were hurrying so our picture quality was bad
So this area, like my last one, is a little bit tougher for proseliting.  It's good, though.  I like having to be more creative and having to think a little more to get people interested in our message.  This week we found some pretty good people to work with.  One of them is R---. He is a reference from a less active member that we are teaching.  He is a great guy and lives alone.  He is very interested in the restoration of the gospel and how God has restored His true church once again on the earth.  It was one of the best lessons we have had and the spirit was very strong testifying of it.  I love teaching this gospel!

Well I'm doing great!  I'm going to end my mission great as well!  Have a great week everyone!

Elder Crandall