"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, October 26, 2015

BEACH COMBER

October 26, 2015

Paraiso Ward
Paraiso Stake
Companion:  Elder Tijerino


Hey guys!

We had a pretty good week this week!  We had a bunch of lessons that fell through but that gave us time to find some really neat people!  J--- is progressing a lot actually.  He is the one that contacted us 2 weeks ago.  He is very intrigued about the restoration and everything.  He says he feels somewhat like us because he left his family to come to the coast in Barranquilla to study.  So we are really excited about teaching him.  I'm thinking he will come to church this week!

We also found I--- this week when some of our lesson plans fell through.  She is a cancer survivor.  She changed churches while she was going through her treatments because she couldn't find peace in any of the them.  She now is doing better and is very open to our message.  We will see where things go!

Also this week we had a zone conference with all of Barranquilla.  That was pretty fun!  What made me even happier was that I went and got to talk with the missionaries that are now in Santo Tomas where I lived last spring.  They tell me that D---, the convert that I got to baptize, will be receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood this upcoming week.  That made me so happy!  I'm so very happy that the gospel changes lives.  I'm really just an instrument here because I don't change anyone, the spirit is the one that really does all of the work and changes people!

Today we went to Puerto Colombia, a pueblo close by where the beach is to take some pictures.  Supposedly the temple is going to be built by there and the rumor is that they are going to begin construction in January!  
Street view of Puerto Colombia
Enjoying the view
Broken guitar we found
Puerto Colombia Beach
Ocean view
Elder Tijerino and me
The church website at says: 
 
Temple Site
The Barranquilla Colombia Temple will stand in the picturesque oceanside community of Puerto Colombia across from Colegio Alemán, approximately two kilometers west of Barranquilla proper. The elevated property, located on the highway to Cartagena, commands a beautiful view of the Magdalena River—the largest river in Colombia—and of the ocean.


Well I'm very thankful for you all and all your support!  I'm doing great and I hope you all have a great week! 

Elder Crandall