"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, September 28, 2015

FARMER"S TALK

September 28, 2015

El Parque Branch
Santa Marta District
Companion:  Elder Wooden

Hey guys!

This was a great week.  I'll start out by explaining the title of my email.  Well, if you didn't know, my president is a potato farmer from Idaho.  I'm like 95% sure he sells his potatoes to McDonalds.  It's way cool!  This week, because of the interviews and other meetings we had, I had the chance to spend a lot of time around President and Sister Searle.  They really are great people.  It makes me feel like I'm around my grandparents, and I like that feeling!  They just have a contagious spirit that feels good.  Anyway, I had what was my last normal interview this last week.  It felt weird!  I renewed my temple recommend and we just kind of talked.  It was really neat though because we were just talking and he was like ´hey look at this!´  He then pulled up on google maps his farm back in Idaho and was showing me a program his son had made that tracks their watering system and everything.  He used a lot of words and terms I didn't know existed, haha.  He was talking about using infrared lights to test the fertilizer and how he was thinking about buying a drone to track the calves when they are born.  I never knew, or at least never thought, that so much went into farming!  Then Sister Searle made us a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  Gotta love President and Sister Searle!

I also went into a sugar coma this week because my companion and I totally pigged out on the package my mom had sent me.  We ate nearly everything in 2 days, haha!  That was great.

Another great thing happened this week!  V--- and his family came to church for the first time! V---, his wife Y---, his children L--- and L---, and even his mother-in-law!  They loved it too!  They are really progressing along and are gaining their testimonies.  It's so great to see how the gospel really changes our lives!  I love it!  

What is even better is that this upcoming week is General Conference!  We are really going full speed to try and get everyone to attend with us. Like Elder Moreno, from The District says, "you can put your money on the prophet"! Conference is always so great.  I think this time I will be able to watch it in English which will be great as well! Anyone can watch online at www.lds.org

Well all is going well.  This is the last week before transfers.  I may stay or I may go.  I have no idea!  I'll go wherever I am needed!  Have a great week everyone!

Elder Crandall

P.S.:  I don't have any real pics of the week but the pic I'll send is one of a soda from here called Pony Malta.
Pony Malta soda