"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, July 6, 2015

WORKING HARD WITH BETTY CROCKER

July 6, 2015

Santo Tomas Branch
Hipodroma Stake
Companion:  Elder Troncoso


Family and Friends,

Things are going good here!  Another normal week!  It was a pretty good one though.  We are seeing the church attendance rise which is awesome!   Yesterday E------- received the priesthood so he and D-------- will be passing the sacrament next week together!  HOW COOL!

This upcoming week will be the last of this transfer.  Time really flies!  I'll only have 4 transfers left in the mission!  That's weird to think about.  I'm not quite sure what will happen. I might stay here.  If I leave, I'll probably be going to my last area in the mission.  I'm kind of glad that I've only had 3 areas so far.  I like staying in the same area and really working hard.  When you are in an area for a lot of time you get the chance to really see the fruits of your labors.  It's a nice feeling.

So D-------- has a new girlfriend he tells us, haha.  Actually the first thing he told us was ´Hey I have a new girlfriend and she wants to come to church!´  He shares the gospel with everyone.  He has such a big heart and you can really see how the gospel has changed him!  Oh and he went to institute this week and loved it and said he is going to make that a weekly thing.  HOW COOL!

E-------- is also doing really well.  He made a countdown for when he can go on a mission.  He is only 14.  It was pretty funny because we go there the week after his baptism and he is like ´Hey guys, look at this!´  It was a paper that said like 3 years 5 months 27 days.  He is super pumped about everything the gospel has to offer spiritually and is definitely one of the smartest people I know!

So we were in Exito (Colombia´s equivalent to Walmart) last Monday and I found and bought some Betty Crocker brownie mix.  I tried to make them this week with some converts but they didn't turn out too well.  They came out gooey and then hardened like a rock.  Oh man they were pretty bad.  But the people loved them, which I guess is all that matters right?!

Not too much more happened this week!  We might be changing houses soon which will be sweet.  The new house is by a basketball court so that will be fun to be able to play basketball every morning, that is if I stay for the next transfer.
Zone Activity
Zone Activity
Well have a great week everyone!

Elder Crandall