"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, July 13, 2015

LA MOJARRA ERA ASI PUES!

July 13, 2015

Santo Tomas Branch
Hipodroma Stake
Companion:  Elder Troncoso


Hey everyone!

I hope all is going well!  Everything's going well here.  To explain the title, yesterday one of our investigators, invited us over to eat.  We found her about 2 weeks ago.  She talked with the missionaries about 5 years ago and was almost baptized but lost contact with the missionaries for some unkown reason.  Since we made contact with her she's been coming to church and progressing a lot spiritually!  So yesterday she invited us over for dinner and she gave us mojarra.  It is a local river fish, and arroz con coco, or rice with coconut.  Oh man it's so good!  It's like a popular coast food here, but I haven't eaten that in a while so that was great!

This week was pretty fun.  Yesterday in church E-------- was able to pass the sacrament.  He also gave a talk in sacrament meeting.  He is really so smart it amazes me.  Also yesterday the stake relief society presidency came and visited our branch. One of the counselors was a lady from the first ward I was in, Ciudadela, that had moved to another ward in this stake. It was great to be able to talk with her and all!  I remember my first week in the mission I went to her house!  

Well I'm doing well!  Tomorrow are our transfers, and I have no idea what will happen.  I think that they are going to send 2 more missionarries for this branch which will be nice because we have like 4 pueblos in our area.

District Activity
This picture is from our District Activity.  We went and ate ice cream!

I can't think of too much more that happened this week!  We are doing well and having some sure success here.  I'm so very thankful and grateful for the opportunity to share with others that which makes me so very happy!

Have a great week!

Elder Crandall