"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, June 1, 2015

PRAY FOR ANSWERS

June 1, 2015

Santo Tomas Branch

Hipodroma Stake
Companion:  Elder Troncoso


Hey everyone!

This was a pretty tough week!  We worked super hard but then on Sunday we didn't see the desired results!  I guess that sometimes just happens though!  But other than that we are doing good!

Tomorrow are transfers and we find out what will happen.  I have no idea what is going to happen!

Oh and it rained for the first time this week!  It's been a pretty dry year, supposedly, but then it really came down!  We got soaked, haha.  But it wasn't too bad of a day!

D-------- is still progressing super well.  This week we are going to finish up the lessons with him and I think he will be getting baptized the following week if all goes well.  He is really an awesome guy that has come so far!  He really can feel the spirit working in his heart and can really feel that these things are true even though he sometimes has a hard time comprehending everything. (D-------- in the pictures below is a different convert that was baptized last October.)

I was reading in the Book of Mormon in Ether about the brother of Jared.  I've been thinking recently about personal revelation and more about the channels of revelation. In Ether, the brother of Jared builds the ships, but then has two problems: air and light.  So he goes to the Lord for help.  God then tells him how to fix the problem of air, but the for the light problem he lets the brother of Jared search for answers himself.  The brother of Jared then thinks and comes up with the idea about the stones and presents the idea to the Lord and he accepts it.  This story made me think a lot about how we can find our own revelation. God sometimes gives it to us straight, but sometimes we have to study it out in our minds and God leads our thoughts to come up with the right idea.  Nephi, for example, made three attempts before he found the right way to get the plates.  I know that if we pay attention to the spirit he will guide us because I have seen it countless times here in the mission.

Well I love and miss you all!  Have a great week!

Elder Crandall 

Deibys and Liz with me and my companion 
Me and Elder Troncoso with Deibys and Liz
Our last district meeting of the transfer. Nobody wanted to come for the picture 
and when they did my camera died, haha!
Our last zone meeting
A frog I found in the shower while I was showing.  It freaked me out!
I'm not sure who was more surprised, the frog or me!