"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, April 20, 2015

OVERCOME AND BECOME

April 20, 2015

Santo Tomas Branch
Hipodromo Stake
Companion:  Elder Conti

Hey my friends and family!

We had a good week with success!  Tomorrow are our transfers and chances are I´ll be getting a new companion.  I'll let you know next week!

So on Friday D-------- told us that he doesn't want to meet anymore.  A little shocking I´ll have to admit, but I think he just needs a little more time.  He doesn't feel ready to overcome his alcohol addiction, but we will still be stopping by every now and then to check on him and offer our support.  He is a great guy and has great potential, but repentance is a process.  I read a quote that I really liked this week by Tad R. Callister, it says, 

"God will ultimately judge us by what we have become, not by what we were." 
(Tad R. Callister)

How grateful I am that we can truly repent and overcome our weaknesses!

This week we met a guy named R--------.  He is colorful and just orders us to read the bible to him, haha.  He raises chickens to fight and he showed us where he keeps them all and trains them.  (Yes, he actually trains the chickens).  He has a concrete arena and everything!)  He`s a little crazy but loves to hear about God so we will see where that goes.

Also D-------- is progressing a lot!  He actually came to church this week.  It was awesome!  On Saturday we passed by and taught him a little about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  When we were about to leave we asked him if he knew of anyone that was going through tough times in their life and needed some spiritual support.  He said `yeah actually I have this friend and I was talking to her the other day about you guys.`  We told him to invite her to come to church with him and the next day on Sunday, they both came! To my surprise, D-------- actually knew some of the people there!  It was way great!

Also I don't know if I have told you but we are teaching some people of a part member family.  C--------, who is 17, and her brother C--------, who is 24.  Their mom, brother, wife, cousins, and others close to them have already joined the church and they are so ready to be baptized.  They read the scriptures everyday, and do everything a member would do! They both say though that they are not ready.  They totally are though.  We will keep helping them so that they can recognize that they are ready!

I received my Easter package from mom and Aunt Julie this week.  Thanks so much for all the goodies! 


Well I'm doing well and hope you all are too!  I love and miss you all.  Have a great week!

Elder Crandall