"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, April 27, 2015

EXPANDING BOUNDARIES

April 27, 2015

Santo Tomas Branch
Hipodromo Stake
Companion:  Elder Troncoso

Hey everyone!

I'm doing well!  There were some big changes and I got a new companion!  My new companion is Elder Troncoso from Chile. He is a good guy and a hard worker and we get along well! The other change was that President had to shut down the other area in Santo Tomas because there weren't enough missionarries and we couldn't keep living 4 missionaries in one house because the area presidency doesn't want that.  So President told me to look for a new house and everything.  The branch building was in Santo Tomas, and we live in Santo Tomas, but my companion's and my area was in the pueblo of Palmar.  The other companionship worked in Santo Tomas and Sabana Grande.  We are looking for an apartament in Palmar.  Santo Tomas and Palmar touch and are almost the same city.  The members were feeling a little discouraged and are worried that they are going to shut down the branch for complicated reasons, but really all is well.  We now have to cover the other area and so we have a HUGE area.  We have like 4 pueblos and so we are really learning to manage our time well, haha!  It's definitely a challenge but we are up to it. 

We are finding a lot of new people and working on retaining the investigators of our area and working on helping the people come unto Christ.  Wednesday was definitely a tough day for us because we went to Santo Tomas and I had never worked there before so we were a little lost.  We had some members that went with us and showed us around which was good.  We were feeling a little discouraged when we went to a recent convert's house named I--------.  He is just one of those guys who has a big heart and so that lightened our spirits.  I'm excited to work in these areas!

In our small branch there are around 3 young women and 2 young men.  We are preparing to baptize a young women and one young man shortly, though. 

D-------- is progressing a lot.  I think I said last week or two weeks ago about his condition and how he was in a motorcycle accident.  Well I don't know where I got that from but that's not what happened at all!  I asked him again this week what happened and he said he ate some bad pork that had a parasite that went to his brain that paralyzed half of his body. Maybe we should have left it at the motorcycle accident!  But he is progressing a ton. Yesterday we passed by again and watched the video about the Restoration of the gospel truths on this earth.  The spirit was really strong testifying of the truth and he could recognize it too.  This week we have stake conference a long ways away but we are going to try to find someway to get him there too!  Our stake conference is in Barranquilla which is about 45 minutes away by bus.  

For Family Home Evening we usually have a FHE as a branch since we are still small.  My companion and I are going to take the reins!  Too cool! 

Well this upcoming week will be good too.  Know that I am good and am learning a lot and changing a lot.  I know Christ atoned for us and am very grateful for the opportunity to repent and change.  Love and miss you all!

Elder Crandall

P.S.:  My companion looks like Zach Efron, haha!