"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, March 16, 2015

SOPA DE OJO

March 16, 2015

Santo Tomas Branch
Hipodromo Stake
Companion:  Elder Conti

Hey everyone!


So I didn't think it would happen, but I got transferred!  Turbaco is a great ward but I guess it was my time!  I got transferred back to Barranquilla but to a small pueblo called Santo Tomas. It's a branch with the attendance of around 35 people.  Well we live in Santo Tomas and the branch house is in Santo Tomas but we work in another pueblo about 15 minutes away called Palmar.  It's super great!  There are some really great people and a lot of work here.  There are 4 missionaries in our house that live with us, so that is pretty fun!  With the transfer I also got a new companion.  His name is Elder Conti and he is from Paraguay. He's a young guy and only has about 5 months out on the mission.  We get along super great and we work well together.  I was a little sick this week and I almost lost my voice. We are going to get some work done this transfer!

With the transfer I'm not sure if Edelma got married and baptized.  I'll send a picture if Elder Montoya responds to my emails and all.

So I met some really nice people here this week.  They are all down to earth and really humble and nice.  The first people I met were Kelly and Johan.  They give us lunch and dinner everyday.  They are converts of about one year now.  Johan drives a mototaxi and gives us free rides sometimes.   Last week I heard about the infamous lunches Kelly gives us which include soup of any and every part of the cow.  I did indeed eat 2 cow eyes (sopa de ojo) this week!  It didn't taste too bad.  I just couldn't think about it when I went to chew, haha!  Chances are that this week I'll eat some cow brains!

An investigator that we are teaching is named Deimer.  He is a cool guy.  He is a single dad that lives with his parents.  He kind of has a drinking problem, but is cleaning up really well. He really wants to change his life and it's really neat to be helping him.  I'll keep you updated on what happens. 

Well I'm happy right now here in Santo Tomas!  Things are looking up!  I love and miss you all.  Have a great week!

Elder Crandall


P.S.:  Elder Montoya just emailed me these pictures with the good news that Edelma did get married and baptized last week.  Super neat!

Edelma got married
Edelma's Baptism with Elder Montoya & Elder Lund