"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, March 23, 2015

CHICKEN FEET

March 23, 2015

Santo Tomas Branch
Hipodromo Stake
Companion:  Elder Conti

Hey everyone!

So to start I'll explain the title.  For those of you that read my email last week know that I ate cow eyes.  Well... this week I ate some chicken feet soup.  It was a normal lunch with soup when suddenly it occurred to me that there were a couple of feet in my bowl!  It was chicken's feet so I guess I can't complain too much.  I wonder what it'll be this week!

A lot happened this week actually!  We had our interviews with President and those went well.  Also yesterday Elder Uceda, the President of the area, gave the 3 stakes in Barranquilla training about ward counsel and how to improve.  There's been a huge focus on retaining recent converts and reactivating less actives.  Woah, I felt the spirit so strong!  It was a feeling of the power and authority that we have as missionaries and as members of God's only true church here on earth.  I also felt a little of that Sunday morning when I helped pass the sacrament in our branch.  I'm so very thankful that God has again restored His priesthood on this earth and that He trusts us enough to administer it.  What great authority!

Another cool thing!  So in the training we had yesterday we got to go to one of the stake centers in Barranquilla with everyone else so I was able to see some people from Ciudadela, my first area!  I was so happy to see all of them working hard!  Also, I dont know if any of you remember about Mabel and Alberto that I talked about from Ciudadela. Their son is in the mission and I worked so hard with them to get Alberto divorced and then remarried again to be baptized.  Alberto has been living with Mabel like 25 years so they were practically married.  They just lacked all of the paper work and everything. They are such special people!  The elders that are there in Ciudadela told me that finally on Friday they got married and on Saturday they got baptized!  I was so happy to hear that!!!

The branch here is growing a lot. I don't think I told you guys this but my companion and his old companion literally opened up this area just a little bit ago and I'm only the 3rd missionary here. We worked really hard this week and saw a lot of success. The attendance in the branch was more than last week which was great!  We are seeing a lot of success. This week Deimer will be baptized if everything goes well.  He will be the first baptism of our area!  He has come along so much!  So everyone knows him as the drunk in the pueblo. One day my companion had the impression to go and talk to him and he has made such a change in his life.  When I got here the missionarries were about halfway through the lessons so I had the opportunity to help finish the lessons and help him change his life through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He now isn't drinking, he is reading The Book of Mormon every day, and setting a good example for his son that is 7 years old.  It's great to be God's hands in His work of salvation here on the earth!

Well I love and miss you all.  Take care!

Elder Crandall