"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, March 9, 2015

A LITTLE BIT OF HUMOR CAN GET YOU THROUGH ANYTHING

March 9, 2015

TURBACO
Turbaco Ward, Los Alpes Stake
Companion:  Elder Montoya


Hey guys!

What a tough week!  First of all, on Tuesday, our cell phone broke so we were out of communication with the world and had to buy minutes on cell phone stands in the streets. So many lessons fell through that we were left to walking the streets in the sun.  Also E---'s baptism fell through.  Her baptism fell through because she has to get married first because she is currently living with her soon-to-be husband.  Her marraige was all planned out and when they went to take out the papers they told her that she has to wait a week.  Oops. I guess it's better for everyone because the relief society sisters were stressing out a little because it was so soon.  I think it was God's will that we do it next week.  So this week will be great, that is, if I don't get transfered!  The transfers are tonight and then tomorrow in the morning we have to leave.  So I'm a little nervous about that!

To get back on my train of thought, we had a ton of obstacles this week as I explained in the previous paragraph.  But a thought came to my mind, more of a quote, that I once heard from President Hinkley.  He told us that a little bit of humor can get us through tough times. I tried to apply that this week and just laughed off the stress and frustration.  It worked!  I guess I'm kind of good at handling that kind of stuff and laughing.

Also yesterday the A--- family came to church!  They are a family that we've been teaching since November that haven't really progressed until this last week.  We decided to have a lesson with them Saturday in the church building so that they could see what it is like and feel more comfortable to come!  It worked and they came!  It was a great feeling. I love Turbaco!

A papya and me

With Jose, one of our local members

The Zone 

Not-so-serious Zone 
These zone pictures are from our zone meeting Saturday.  Our zone meetings are usually once a transfer.  We never really know when they are going to be until one or two nights before.  They are held in Cartagena.  The zone consists of Turbaco, Arjona (a town even farther away than Turbaco) and some wards in Catagena.  

Well I also love you all and miss you all too!  I pray and hope you have a great week!

Elder Crandall