"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, February 23, 2015

CONVERSIONS CONTINUE & CONAN CHUNDERS

February 23, 2015

TURBACO
Turbaco Ward, Los Alpes Stake
Companion:  Elder Montoya



Hey friends and family!

This week was better!  Things are definitely improving!  Turbaco is going well and definitely growing.  I forgot my paper where I write everything that I want to say to you guys so I'm going to go just on my memory!

So this week Edelma put a date for her wedding on the 4th of March so we will be planning her baptism for the 7th.  It's so cool that after around 5 months she is finally going to take that final step to come into the fold of Christ.  One can really see the changes everything has had in her life and you can really see her transformation.  It's great!

Last Monday we had a family home evening with Mara and Andres, some less actives that we are teaching, and a ton of their nieces and nephews.  It was pretty fun.  I'll send some pictures of that too!  

Family Home Evening Fun
Valeria is also doing pretty well.  We went over to their house and talked with her and Gloria on Thursday.  They have a dog named Conan and one night we were sitting outside talking and the dog came over to me.  I started to pet it when all of a sudden he started barfing all over the place.  It was pretty nasty, haha.  It almost went in my bag, haha. So that was a pretty interesting night.

Things here are good.  Getting better that's for sure.  We have 2 weeks left in this transfer and I'm not sure what is going to happen.  I could either stay here in Turbaco to see the people we are teaching progress and be baptized, or I would get a change.  We will see what happens.  Maybe I'll end up staying here 9 months like in my last area!

I can't really remember too much more of what happened this week!  But it was a good one! Today we are going into Cartagena to a mall so I'll try and get some pictures and send them.  

Lunch at Subway in Cartagena

Tell Dad Happy Birthday from me.   Too much fun that you guys get to go to Texas and visit this week.  

Well I hope you all have a great week!  Love and miss you guys!

Elder Crandall