"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, December 8, 2014

BIRTHDAY 20

DECEMBER 8, 2014

TURBACO
Turbaco Ward, Los Alpes Stake
Companion:  Elder Margarisca

Hey everyone!

Wow, I really can't believe I have turned 20.  It feels like I've taken a big leap in life!  Too cool!  Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and all.  President and Sister Searle are really great!  They both called me on Saturday to wish me happy birthday!  They are really great people. 

The cake Sister Socorro bought me
Well this was an awesome week!  We had an exchange which was pretty fun, and I got one of the packages from my mom!  Also this upcoming week we have a big conference with President Searle which will be fun! I'm hoping that they will bring me the other packages when we have our conference with President on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to that.

Also this week, or yesterday, Jairo, the brother in the ward that makes way good meals for us every Sunday, showed us these huge caterpillars.  His neighbor has this tree that is littered with hundreds of them and I'm not kidding, they are like 9 inches long!  Too crazy!  I'll try to get a picture of one next time!

This week we did not have our planned baptism!  Edelma, who was going to be baptized Saturday, who is one of the sisters of the big family that we teach, still hasn't gotten married.  They are just waiting for some money to buy the clothes and everything.  But then we got some bad news about her family that the mom of this big family had a stroke or something Friday so they were all at the hospital and everything.  I think they are doing good now, but we aren't sure.  We are going to pass by tonight to see how they are doing.  They are such nice people!

Alright, to talk about my birthday!  It was a great weekend to say the least!  So on Saturday we went to lunch with a member and she bought me a cake and everything.  So nice.  Also some members in the ward called me to wish me a happy birthday.  The people here are really so nice!  I'll include some pictures!  

Elder Margarisca and I eating lunch Saturday


Then in the afternoon the other elders in the ward had a baptism so we went there and then after the ward mission leader took us out to ice cream.  After that we went over to another members house and they had bought a cake and everything! It was just a super fun day.  

Second Birthday Celebration with the Ward Mission Leader
(red frosting on our noses)
Elder Margarisca and I with Ward missionaries
Some of the youth made me a Birthday Sign
Flexing our muscles with some of the Priests in the ward
Today another member is going to have a BBQ for us missionaries and stuff for another birthday celebration! Too much fun!  This member also has a pool, which is almost unheard of here, so I'll try to get some pictures of that!

                      

                      







Well I am doing good here!  I can't believe that it's already December!  Too crazy!  Have a great and safe week!

Elder Crandall