"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, November 3, 2014

EXCHANGES & ENGLISH CLASS

NOVEMBER 3, 2014


BARRANQUILLA
Ciudadela Ward, El Carmen Stake
Companion:  Elder Arevalo

Hey everyone!

A little bit of a stressful week but really I felt better than last week!  Also, we find out about the transfers tonight which is a little nerve wracking because I've been here for 6 transfers or 9 months.  So it very well may be my time to be transfered.  Today we watched "How to Train Your Dragon 2" as a zone activity.  One of the zone leaders came up to me and gave me a hug and said "Good luck in Santa Marta", but then said he was just kidding right after.  So I'm not sure if it was a joke or not.  We will wait and see!

This week we did 2 exchanges.  One with the Zone Leaders and one with the District Leaders.  For both of them I was with an American which was pretty cool.  So of course on Tuesday, during the exchange, we two Americans taught an English class, and of course a guy that spoke English came and of course after we got to teach him a little in English.  My first lesson in English!  It wasn't the best lesson I've taught but it was still cool teaching in English!  Then on the other exchange I was with the Zone Leader and we just did some errands and stuff and only taught a little.  I like my Zone Leaders though, so it was cool being able to talk and get to know them a little better.

Well I feel a little flustered with this super slow internet right now and can't really think of too much else to say! The people here don't really celebrate Halloween and so the only festive thing I did that day was to wear an orange tie. But it was all good!  Today is also a holiday but I'm not sure why they celebrate it.  Theres a ton of random holidays here!

Well I love and miss you all!  I'll try to include some pictures if this internet lets me.  








Well I'm trying to load some pictures from this week but it's not going so fast so they might come in another email or not come at all. 

Thanks! Love you guys and miss you guys very much!!!  Stay safe and have a great week!

Elder Crandall