"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

NO SWEAT CONFERENCE

OCTOBER 6, 2014


BARRANQUILLA
Ciudadela Ward, El Carmen Stake
Companion:  Elder Arevalo.

Hey Family and Friends,

Hope all is well.  This week was awesome with General Conference and everything. The Saturday session is one of my favorite days in the field because we stay and hangout at the church all day in the air conditioning and we don't have to sweat!  Also, it was cool during the General Priesthood Meeting that I saw Nate Schlappi and also Jason Hall in the missionary choir, how cool!  Also this time around was a little better than last because I actually got to see it in English! There are 2 new Americans in our zone that don't really know Spanish well, so our zone leader asked the stake president if he could put it in English.  So the 6 of us Americans went to the family history room in the church and watched it on the computer there.  We all filled our bags up with Oreos and other junk food which probably wasn't the best idea but hey, it was still fun and very spiritual!

This week was also pretty good at working with the recent converts.  I feel really pressed to work really hard with all of them in our area because I don't want to baptize just to baptize. I feel as though our goal as missionaries is to baptize converts, and our president really has been pushing that.  It's really great too because the converts are all so awesome!  I really love this ward!  The bishop keeps teasing me too about giving me a calling in the ward since I've been here so long, haha.  I just love this area! 

So something bad happened this week!  All the mosquitoes came out.  There are like a billion everywhere you go.  I have so many bites on my arms and they even bite me through my pants.  I'm starting to have to use repellent and stuff to keep them away.  I guess it's just that time of year!

Here are some pics!  One of the pictures is of the Barranquilla flag that one of the members gave us and the other is of our district after we played soccer this afternoon





Well other than that, things are going great here.  Lots of work to do for the Lord and I feel very grateful that He has chosen me to be here to help serve.  "How great is your calling", as the missionary handbook says.  Well I love and miss you all!  Have a great and safe week!

Elder Crandall