"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, September 29, 2014

STILL IN CIUDADELA!

SEPTEMBER 29, 2014


BARRANQUILLA
Ciudadela Ward, El Carmen Stake
Companion:  Elder Arevalo.

Hey!,

I'm doing good!  I suppose Elder Baquerizo made it back to Ecuador safely.  So the unthinkable happened!... I'm still here in Ciudadela haha!  So at the end of this transfer I'll be going for 9 months here!  Who would've thought!  My new companion here is Elder Arevalo.




He is 19 years old and from northern Peru.  He's a way good guy and wants to work hard. He is about 6 months into his mission.  Also both of the other Elders in this ward changed.




Now there's a missionary from Costa Rica and another American straight out of the CCM. He already knows a lot of Spanish which is way good and will make everything a lot easier for him!

But things are good!  I really am so very happy to be here another transfer!  This ward is awesome!  The Bishop was teasing me the other day about giving me a calling in the ward haha.  But really the people here are so great and nice!  

I'm looking forward to being able to watch General Conference this next weekend.  The first session of General Conference will be streamed live at 10:00 a.m MDT on Saturday, October 4, 2014.  There are also sessions on Sunday, October 5, 2014.  You can watch or listen to it live at:  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch?lang=eng


Scary to hear about Gwen!  Glad everything went ok though!  Poor girl!  There's a virus like that going around down here too.  I forget what it's called.  It's something that starts with a C. It's transmitted through mosquitoes.  It's supposedly like Dengue virus (or something like that) but worse. President told us that the effects can last for years. None of us of down here thankfully has gotten it though. 

Hmm I don't really have too many stories this week!  Hmm we went out to eat one night at a fast food place and a giant cockroach flew and hit me in the face.  That was pretty gross. Oh and also we found this giant moth in our house the size of my finger!  I took a picture but I forgot to bring my camera this morning so maybe when we come back in the afternoon if I remember.





Well all the people here are doing great!  We found Glosber again yesterday.  It's been about a month since the last time we've talked to him.  He was progressing so great and then just fell off the face of the planet!  But he's started up again and should be getting ready to be baptized in November. 

Oh and we went to the stadium today! I will send some pictures! 







































Well I love and miss you all! Have a great week!

Elder Kurt Crandall