"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, September 8, 2014

FEEL THE LOVE FOR FAMILY HISTORY

AUGUST 18, 2014


BARRANQUILLA
Ciudadela Ward, El Carmen Stake
Companion:  Elder Baquerizo

Hey everyone!

So the unthinkable happened this week!  I stayed here!  So I'll be here in Ciudadela for another 6 weeks!  How great!  I feel so blessed to be here in this ward surrounded by and working with such great people!  So here is the unthinkable part, Elder Acevedo changed!  He was here just for one transfer!  He left for Cartagena, where it's blazing hot!  So... my new companion is Elder Baquerizo.  He is 20 years old and from Ecuador!  This is his last transfer in the mission, but he doesn't even seem trunky yet!  That's a good thing for me though haha.  But all is well with him. He is a way good guy and he knows the ins and outs of the mission and has been helping me to grow a lot.  I am very thankful to be here and wouldn't rather be anywhere else!

Well where to start!  So yesterday was just blazing hot.  I honestly feel as though it was the hottest day on my mission so far! For a gross comparison, I could probably have filled a good sized bath tub with sweat!  Yeah, nasty! but it was a pretty good day.  We had a family home evening with an investigator and a less active member.  We watched the movie "How Rare a Possesion: The Book of Mormon".  Way cool movie!  I took a picture of us too!  The little girls fell asleep, so in the picture is just my companion, Me, Omaide (the less active) and Paula, who is a member.  Too fun!

Family Home Evening
Also tonight we have a family home evening with the S--- family.  This isn't the family of G---, C---, P---, S--, and D--, this is another S--- family.  The S--- family (Alberto y Mabel) are the parents of a missionary named Emanuel.  He is in the mission Santa Cruz Bolivia (I was here in this ward 5 months ago when he left haha).  Anyway, because of the influence of their son, they have been listening to the misisonaries and have decided to get baptized on the 30th of this month!  I'm so excited!  They're super nice people and so sweet to the missionaries!  They just lack marriage and then they can be baptized!  Marriage is one of the biggest set backs of people getting baptized here in the coast haha. Everybody just lives in free unions!  But we are working on it!  Well I can't express my happiness.  Yesterday in church I literally could not stop smiling. 

Also today we are going to this store like Costco called Pricemart.  Here they import a bunch of American food so I'm looking forward to having my Mac n cheese, Capn Crunch, and peanut butter!  Woo!  I can't wait! 

My junk food from Pricemart

Elder Baquerizo and me in our apartment
Junior Stadium in our area


All is well here.  I'll try to get some pictures today and add them too. Well I love all you guys and hope you have a great and safe week!

E Crandall