"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, August 4, 2014

ZOOLOGICAL: LIONS and TIGERS and BEARS - OH MY!

AUGUST 4, 2014

BARRANQUILLA
Ciudadela Ward, El Carmen Stake
Companion:  Elder Acevedo


Hey everyone!

Hope all is well!  I'm good here!  This week was pretty hot, but cooled off a little during the weekend.  I actually used my sheets for the first time since the CCM in Bogota!  Don't be misled, I still was sweating bullets during the day and everything! No relief from that, but oh well!

This week was pretty fun.  I had an interchange with my district leader named Elder Caballero. He is from Las Vegas and a way cool guy.  We just laughed a lot about movies and other stuff. Also with him we had to go help look for a house for some sisters in our district that don't really have a house and are living with some members.  So we looked around for about 2 hours with very little success.  But what was cool was that we found some guys from New York!  They were born here and live here part of the year but grew up in Manhattan.  They had a cool little accent and I could bond with them a little because my brothers live in New York.  They also knew some missionaries back in the states.  It was cool to be able to talk to them for a little in English!  This is the second time I've been able to use my English!



So this week our ward has put together a choir to sing in church next Sunday because we have a ward conference next Sunday.  It's been pretty fun and funny practicing for it.  I think it will turn out good though.  Also a sad thing is that this might be my last week here in Ciudadela.  I've been here for 6 months and transfers are next week.  We'll just have to wait and see! There are so many great people here in this area and I'll be sad to leave.  But the Lord knows best and I trust in him! 


So we just got back from the zoo!  It was a little small but packed with some pretty cool stuff!
Our whole district came so that was cool too.  




























There was this monkey against the glass so I put my face up to him and he kissed the glass!  I got a cool pic if you can tell what it is, haha, too funny!  





Also I got some videos of little monkeys fighting!  Too bad though, the videos are too big.  I'll have some cool videos when I get back though!  Also one of the snakes was eating and had a mouse hanging out of his mouth! too funny!





Also along the way there was this cool older church that I got a pic of so I'll include that too!




















And some pics of the neighborhood!


 That kind of goes with a cool quote I found this week by Elder Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  It says "Faith is not only a feeling, it is a decision".  I think all too often we feel that we can't do things because we don't have faith, or we don't trust, or don't believe because of some lack of feeling of confidence.  Faith, however, is not just a feeling, like the quote says, it's a decision.  It's really up to any individual whether to believe or not, whether to act or be acted upon, whether to follow or trust in your own makings.  Let us choose, resolve, decide to have a little more faith.

Well I hope all is well!  I can't believe its already August!  Time flies!  Have a great and safe week!

E Crandall