"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, July 7, 2014

NEW COMPANION

JULY 7, 2014

BARRANQUILLA
Ciudadela Ward, El Carmen Stake
Companion:  Elder Acevedo

Family and Friends,


I hope all is going well!  We had a busy week with transfers and appointments, but all is going well.  So I'm still here in Ciudadela, but with my new companion, Elder Acevedo.  He is 19 years old like me and from Bogota.  He has been here one year in the mission.  He is a very hardworking guy which is cool and we have been teaching really well together.  I'm excited to do some work here and progress personally.  Elder Villarreal went home.  He was from Panama. He sent me pictures today of his city where it is raining all day every day and the weather is cool.  I'm a little jealous!  What I´d do to go a day without sweating!

Sounds like a blast at Natalie's wedding.  Wow so much fun! So fun to hear that many were able to make it.  That's neat, Dad, to hear about the honor you received from U of A.  Also happy birthday Mom!  Too exciting and fun.  I love having that calender with all the birthdays and things because I would forget if I didn't have it.  Hope it was a great one!

Thanks for the update. I love hearing about the family and what everyone is up to.  I almost saw Nug!  I was waiting at the church where all the missionaries that were leaving and to go to.  But I had to leave to go pick up my new companion, so unfortunately, I didn't get to see him.

So we kind of had a busy week.  I almost forgot that it was 4th of July this week until I was laying in bed about to fall asleep and thought ¨hey it's Independance Day!¨  It was just a really busy day.  We had to redo all of the baptismal paperwork and things like that because on one of the registros it said that D--------, the 8 year old that we baptized last week, was only one year old.  So the office called us asking us if we were baptizing babies and stuff which was pretty funny!  But it's all good now.

Also this week --------, the champetta singer, came to church again and this time he brought his whole family! Way cool! He is a way nice guy and we are going to go and help teach his family!  Another thing we are going to do is help G-------- quit drinking cofee!  That's the only thing he really needs until he can progress more.  I think having his family who was baptized last week will be able to help him as well.  We´ll see!

Well this week was okay.  A lot of work.  There's a lot to be done here in this area.  I have a lot more appreciation for bishops and others in charge of a quorum because I'm just worrying all the time about my recent converts here.  We have 21 recent converts in my area which is a lot for this mission.  They're all super good and wonderful.  A lot of work to be done, but you can feel the Savior's love for them.

Well, I don't have too much to say!  I'll include a picture of the last family night we had while Elder Villarreal was here




and I'll include pictures of my new companion playing with that glow in the dark Slime that my mom sent me.  The Slime has actually proven to be a good ice breaker.  All the Latinos love playing with it.  I'm not quite sure why, but they all like it more than I do!



Also this week Colombia played in the quarter finals for the World Cup and sadly lost. All the missionaries had to stay in the house all day because it can get a little dangerous during these times plus nobody will attend you because they are watching the game. So during the game we just slept, watched church movies and read. We also put up some clothes lines in our house because the ones outside don't really work, especially when it rains!   Here is a picture of futbol from today's game.  Almost everyone in our zone changed.


Well anyway, have a great week! Love and miss you all!

E Crandall