"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, June 2, 2014

CHAMPETA & COOKIES

JUNE 2, 2014

BARRANQUILLA
Ciudadela Ward, El Carmen Stake
Companion:  Elder Villarreal

Hey everyone,

Hope all is well.  I think today is the start of my 5th month out here in the mission.  It's crazy to think too that some of my friends will be having their one year mark this month!  Time flies!  This was a good week.  We taught a lot and found some new people to teach and some less actives to work with.  Problems are different down here than they are back at home and it's neat to be able to help and problem solve with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Wow, how great to hear everything from you guys.  I love reading and hearing about everything. Thanks for the update.  I also really love reading all of the letters from my friends and cousins in the mission.  It's way cool and I can literally hear their voice saying the things.  I laugh so hard because I can like read their personalities haha!  It definitely brightens my day.  Way cool! Rachel's life sounds crazy too as she begins to do so many activities.  And good to hear about Nug.  I don't think I'll be able to see him, sadly, but that's okay.  I was able to email him and stuff which was fun.  Oh yeah, sister Acosta did write me this week. How fun. I'm not too fluent yet in Spanish, especially in writing, but I did my best in writing her back.  

No I don't get to hear the news much.  But I know that the presidential elections were last Sunday. It was pretty hectic but from what I heard, not too many people vote here because there is a lot of corruption, but to be honest, I don't know.  That's just a blurb that I heard.  We do not have air conditioning.  All the houses have 2 big fans. Mine stays going like the entire time I am in the house!  Luckily our church has air conditioning!  That's one of the main reasons I love Sundays haha! 

Other good news, Kimberly and Jacqueline got their parents' permission to be baptized, so we will be having a baptism this next Saturday!  We just hope that we won't have as many difficulties as last time haha, but I know that all is in the Lords hands.  Also this week, a little girl that always comes to our English class left a hat that says I heart Champetta.  Champetta is the popular music down here, and it's kind of terrible haha!  You can look it up if you are curious.  Anyway, we thought it was really funny so we took turns taking pictures with the hat on this morning so I'll add some of them.  I think I want to buy one of those, haha.



Also this week we went to the mission home so that Elder Villarreal could take an English test to see how his English is.  He has really learned a lot and we can talk English to each other fluently.  Another cool thing was that in the mission home Sister Searle, President Searle¨s wife, made cookies.  I don't think I've had cookies in about 6 months.  Wow!  It was also nice to talk to her for a little bit. She and Presidente Searle are way awesome and way nice to everyone.  They have such kind souls.

Also this afternoon we are going to play futbol so I might try to snatch some pictures there too!  It was really fun! 
Elder Crandall & Elder Villarreal

P-day Futbol
Well, I hope that everyone has a great week. Love and miss you guys!

E Crandall