"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, May 26, 2014

MORE SOCCER AND SPIDERS!

MAY 26, 2014

BARRANQUILLA
Ciudadela Ward, El Carmen Stake
Companion:  Elder Villarreal

Everyone!

All is well!  So this week was transfers and... I stayed here in my area as well as Elder Villarreal!  We're still keeping on and so he will be here until he finishes his mission in 5 weeks. So my guess is that I'll be here for at least another 3 months-ish. Awesome!

Thanks for all the updates.  It seems as if time is really flying by.  I feel this way but then sometimes I feel as if it's crawling by. Life's a roller coaster.  I'm glad to hear that everything is going well with the family.  It's really such a great blessing that we have and I hope we never take it for granted.  How fun you went with the family to the cemetery for Memorial Day.  I miss doing that.  That is always a fun tradition to do!  Thanks mom for the packages, they're so great!  I think I'm set with CDs for the rest of my mission!  The Lego Simpsons figures were way awesome!  Pretty much everyone here loves the Simpsons or Los Simpsons so my companion thought the little Lego guy was awesome.  Thanks for the support!  

This week we had a day that we had to go home early because of a soccer game.  So I guess the soccer game last week that I was talking about wasn't the final game!  There was another game this week, or the final, between Junior and the other team and you could hear people screaming when they scored!  But the noise didn't last and we found out later that Junior lost in the final.  Things were a little crazy in the streets that night though!  (Supposedly 5 people died that night due to it??)  As we came back from our appointment in a taxi, there were so many people in the streets around the tiendas (little stores on the corners) watching the game on the TVs.  It was hectic but we made it back safely.

Also this week we got to paint our house a little bit.  I'll include a pic of my companion.

Elder Villarreal painting 

Oh another cool thing that happened!  So on Monday we went to the mall and Burger King again. They gave us these little scratch cards that come with every meal and my companion and I both won these tall Colombia World Cup glasses, haha, how funny!


We also found a giant spider in our house when we came home one night!  I couldn't get a good picture of it but it was way big!  I won't give you the details but I'll just say that we disposed of him safely by fire haha!

Our investigators are all doing well.  The marriage papers of two of our investigators came and so they are going to get married and baptized real soon.  So exciting!  Also, G-------- and his family committed to stop drinking tea and coffee last night.  Way cool!  They're progressing so much! Its great to see how the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes people.  Faith is tremendous! So cool!

Well I hope everyone has a great week!  So crazy to hear that my sister Rachel graduated from high school and that my parents don't have any kids going to high school anymore.  Time flies I guess!  That's neat that Mark was able to be there too. Truly a new era is unfolding for you. What are you guys going to do now?    

Love and miss you all!
E Crandall