"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, April 7, 2014

CHILDLIKE

April 7, 2014
BARRANQUILLA
Ciudadela Ward, El Carmen Stake
Companion:  Elder Villarreal




Friends and Family,

Hope everything is going well!  All is well here.  This last week has been a great one, especially with conference. I had to watch it in Spanish and was only able to understand main points, but the spirit was still the same and it was very uplifting, especially the MOTAB songs!  My two favorite songs were "A Child's Prayer" and "I Lived in Heaven".  The Sunday morning song [A Child's Prayer] that goes "Heavenly Father are you really there?" brought the spirit to me so strongly.  It is one of the songs I like to have stuck in my head out here and when they started singing it I couldn't help but take it as a sign from God that he is looking out for me.  It was really great.

What was also great was that some of our investigators showed up.  M--------, J-------- and V--------, or the O-------- family came.  They're really progressing and coming closer to Christ everyday and its great to see the change!  Also, two of our other investigators, J-------- and K--------, were able to come to the Saturday sessions.  They are referrals to us from a recent convert named E--------.  She owns a pizzaria place and these two sisters work for her.  E-------- is a great missionary and has given us a few referrals.  J-------- and K-------- are shy but they're really started to open up to us which is great and they keep the compromises we make with them!  I feel like they're very spiritually in tune. Also this week we met a new family named the G-------- family.  They were a referral to us from someone in a different city here in Colombia. They are really nice and very receptive.  Stay tuned to hear more about them!

I'm learning to grow and learn despite challenges.  I know God is giving me these challenges for me to learn and grow and it's up to me what I learn from these things.  When things are difficult I keep trucking and moving on.  Life is hard and what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger (haha) which is good. 

Well something spiritual that I wanted to share has to do with something that I've been working on personally here.  I've been working on becoming more childlike instead of childish.  As the scriptures state we need to become as a little child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things from the Lord.  These qualities will help us become more Christlike for they are the attributes of Christ.  I've really been trying to analyze my life and try to change to meet these standards.  It's something that I've been working on and will continue to work on for the rest of my life.  We should always be trying to change from the childish things like whining, lying, being selfish, and other things and try more to change to being more like the qualities mentioned in the beginning.  I can testify that as we do so, our countenance will change and we will see a brighter person in ourselves and everyone else!

Well I hope that everyone is doing great!  Love and miss you all lots!

Elder Crandall