"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Monday, March 17, 2014

TO LOSE IS TO SAVE

MARCH 17, 2014
BARRANQUILLA
Companion:  Elder Villarreal


Hey everyone!

Hope all is well for everyone. All is well here! I'm beginning to become settled in the mission and in mission life.  Just last night while visiting a member's home and sitting there I felt real peace for the first time.  It was a great feeling.  I know that I'm on the Lord´s errand and know that he is watching out for me!  The picture of me with the moustache was after a long day and we were watching one of the church movies and saw this guy and just laughed because he just looked a little out of place haha!  




Wow I can't believe it's already spring break.  I feel like it's still January. Tomorrow marks my 9 week mark which is also weird.   Yes, I did have a zone conference and also a conference with President Searle.  He is a great guy.  Elder Norberg is not in my zone however.  I hear that he is in Cartegena.  I hope that we can see each other before he goes home but I'm not sure if we will.  It would be great though if we can!  Wow I can't believe Max Chaffetz is home!  That's crazy!

So today we went and played soccer (or fĂștbol) with our zone or like 10 other missionaries.  It was super fun.  We were able to play at this court thing that had a turf field and it was a small court under the shade.  It was way neat!  I didn't realize how much fun playing soccer really was!

So I asked my companion this week about how far he thinks we walk each day.  He told me that his last companion had one of those counter things to count steps and such.  He said that we walk about 9 miles every day.  I think it ranges from like 6 miles plus.  It's still hot here but I'm becoming more used to it.


 
Okay Mom I'll let you know when the packages get here.  They're not here yet.  I asked my companion how the mail and packages work and he said that they send them to the office and then my zone leaders get them and then he said that the zone leaders will come by and give them to me.  

I think that we all have to learn and that is a process.  It's something I say to the people when they ask how my Spanish is going.  "Poco a poco" or little by little.  That is how the Lord changes people and I know that's how he is changing me.  After all we do, the Lord will make up the rest.  I just have to remember that I am on the Lord's time and that He will bless me.  I know I have a lot ahead of me and that I just have to remember to forget time, myself, and put my head down and go to work. 

The message i wanted to share this week in Mark 8:35 that says:

´´For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; 
but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, 
the same shall save it. ´´ 

I feel this scripture is great because it says that when we are not thinking about ourselves and instead doing service for others, we are able to truly be happy and have a great life.  And I can testify to that.

Well I hope every one is doing great!  Love and miss you all!

Elder Crandall