"Dear Elder Crandall: you are hereby called to serve as a missionary
for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Colombia Barranquilla Mission.
It is anticipated that you will serve a period of 24 months...
You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language."

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE

FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God,
that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb,
and upon the covenant people of the Lord,
who were scattered upon all the face of the earth;
and they were armed with righteousness
and with the power of God in great glory."
(1 Nephi 14:14)

Saturday, January 25, 2014

FLIGHT 981

JANUARY 15, 2014
BOGOTA, COLOMBIA CCM (MISSIONARY TRAINING CENTER)

Hello!  


I made it here safely and in one piece.  I only have a short amount of time here so this is just meant to let you know that I got here safely.  
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
Atlanta Airport-connecting flight to Bogota Colombia
So I am here at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) [in Bogota, Colombia] and I made it in one piece! The flight over wasn't too bad. When I got to the Atlanta airport I met up with 4 other Elders on my same flight all coming to the Colombia MTC. When I got on the plane I sat at a window seat next to a sweet older Colombian woman that spoke no English but she still made small talk with me and asked me to help her turn on and off her light at times during the flight.  During both plane rides I was able to read all of the family history stories you gave me, which were awesome and inspiring.  I also kept remembering what dad had told me before I left which was that my time here will be limited and that I shouldn't waste any of it. 
See you in 2
I don't have a lot of time left but just know that I am feeling the spirit very strongly and I know that I am supposed to be here.

Love, Kurt